Friday 30 November 2012

I might be a little bit in love

with hand embroidery....

Seriously! It's awesome, get yourself a hoop, some thread and go go go. I'm in a little gift exchange with some pretty lovely friends of mine, we have a very close affinity with squirrels and I found this fabric which I am in the middle of embellishing with hand embroidery.





 I love it, like totally love it. I can envisage myself doing this for years, until my eyesight fails and my hands are too arthritic to use a needle. Of course I will be curled up under some crocheted blankets by a real log fire.

Christmas is here pretty much, I need to dig out the mini stocking advent calender I made a couple of years age and find some gold coins to go in it. I love it when the house starts to get all decorated and festive. I haven't been able to find an advent candle this years so far, I'll have to look this weekend and hope that there's one out there. I love advent and everything that goes along with it, we thought about going to the Advent service at our nearest cathedral, but I think the children are just a little bit too young. Maybe in a couple of years. 

I was checking the fabric stash in the week and found a fat quarter bundle I'd bought last January, I have always wanted some Christmas bunting in the conservatory and this time I think I've finally got the size of flags right, (nb. LOVE my rotary cutter and mat!). I think I'll make some more soon, it's so satisfying.


We have a rope  light all round the conservatory in a little groove thing. I think it looks lovely reflecting off the roof :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment