Tuesday 6 November 2012

More Hoopla

I've started Alice's hoopy thingy for her newly decorated bedroom. I think it's going to be lovely (but I may be slightly bias). She has owl wallpaper on one wall so I took inspiration from that (for inspiration read traced) and decided to do the main bit in felt, and some little embellishments in hand embroidery. I really need to learn some embroidery stitches, so this will be my project for doing that!

This whole site has some pretty comprehensive tutorials on it, so I think I'll use that as my reference and generally wing it.

Alice's Hummingbird longies are knitting up nicely too, the pooling could be better, but part of what I love about variegated wool is that you never really know how it's going to knit up.

There's a group on Ravelry for pooled knits, some of the examples are amazing. Some are not so, but really, what's not to love about anything hand knitted? Oh, you need to see the Ugliest FO thread!  Hobby craft have 3 for 2 on all their yarns at the moment, with that in mind I just bought some Sirdar Click to join in a Mystery KAL on Ravelry, hopefully it'll look nice. With my 2 free balls I bought some Click Chunky, I might make a hat for me with it, what do you think of Capucine?


Anyway, best get my craft on!

No comments:

Post a Comment